Spencer W. Kimball said, "Those who keep a book of remembrance are more likely to keep the Lord in remembrance in their daily lives. Journals are a way to count our blessings and leave an inventory of these blessings for our prosperity."
Here are my tips:
Set a day(or time) to journal: I always journal on Sundays. Sundays are the least busiest so it is easier to do. Pick a day or time and commit yourself to do it every day or once a week. That time is journal time. Even setting reminders on your phone can help with forgetfulness.
Be committed: Want to do it. Want to succeeded.
Get something you want to write IN & WITH: Think how much more fun and exciting it would be to write in a cute journal with cute, BUT good pens. Remember this is something you want to last, so choose wisely.
Make it fun: I wanted to do this post just for this. I found 52 journal topics/questions on Pinterest and printed them off and every week I would do one of those. (You can also get them day-by-day.) They were easy and they were fun + whoever reads it will be able to get to know you better! I've came up with 52 questions(one per week) that YOU can print off and do. I will be doing these this year!!
- What are your goals/resolutions for this year?
- What is your favorite quote & why?
- Do you play a musical instrument? If so, what is it?
- If you had three wishes what would they be?
- What is your most treasured thing?
- If you could meet anyone, who would it be & why?
- Least favorite words or phrases?
- What are 3 things you do everyday no matter what?
- What are your top 3 pet peeves?
- 3 things you can't live without?
- What is your dream vacation?
- What is something you want right now?
- What is your favorite scripture?
- Who is your best friend? Tell why.
- Who do you look up to? Why?
- I pray...
- What are five things you could eat all day, every day?
- I love it when I see other people_____.
- What is one thing you want to change about yourself?
- What is your favorite hymn?
- I can't imagine....
- What are your hobbies?
- What is one thing you have always wanted to do but haven't? Why?
- What are 3 qualities you want your future spouse to have? (Or do have that you love)
- What is one thing you love about yourself?
- Tell about physical YOU. Your height, hair color, whether or not you tan easily, eye color..etc.
- Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?
- What is your favorite kind of weather?
- Would you change your name if you could?
- I want to buy ________ so bad.
- Is there anyone that you would give everything you had to them? Why?
- Name three people that your glad you meet. Why?
- How are you going to leave the world a better place?
- I hope...
- Tell about your favorite holiday traditions.
- How do you express your love?
- What is on your mind right now?
- Name a letter. Now name 5 things you love that start with that letter.
- How did you get your name?
- What did you do today that made you proud of yourself? (standing up for someone, giving a compliment)
- What is your favorite book, TV show, and song right now?
- What does "believing" mean to you?
- Tell about your family?
- What is your style like?
- What is something your going to work on this week? (anger, giving more compliments..etc)
- List 5 things your grateful for today.
- What makes you smile?
- Do you like to read?
- What is your favorite meal?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- On my current bucket list...
- Did you fulfill your New Years Resolutions? What kept you from doing so? How will you do better next year?
I hope you journal this year with me! Feel free to copy and paste the 52 topics and print them off for personal use. (If you do use them for non-personal use please contact me before hand. Thanks)